Hello fabulous readers, errr, that would fall under the assumption that I actually had any readers, but if I did, you would all be fabulous. LOL I am here to say that I haven't fallen off the wagon, abandoned ship, given up, or any other crazy ideas. I am here chugging along, and I must say I am pleased with how things are going. I might not be getting the kickass crazy biggest loser results that we all hope to achieve, but it's a life journey. In the last 3 weeks, I have lost 9 pounds, and while that isn't "biggest loser" caliber, it is still good and still an improvement. I still don't know how I did on week one, as I didn't weigh myself right away, I know that in the last 3 weeks, I have lost 9 pounds. Week two I lost 5 pounds, week 3 2 pounds and week 4 2 pounds. For all I know, I could have lost 10 pounds the first week, and be at a total loss of 19, I will just never know, and that's ok. I know that eventually, if i keep doing the right things, and plugging away, that this weight will come off. I know that it won't melt off overnight, just like I didn't put it all on overnight. This journey is going to take a huge amount of effort, not just for 4 weeks, 4 months, or even 4 years. It is going to take my whole life. I can't stop eating healthy, and stop working out, once I reach goal, and I have accepted that. The thing is, I CAN live like this forever. I CAN eat a healthy diet with occasional treats, and I CAN workout daily. These are all things that I can do, and as long as I keep doing them, the weight will come off.
I have exercised at least 5 days a week during this time, doing mostly the elliptical, some treadmill, and as of last week incorporating light weights for strength training. I am so determined to do this, it is insane. I will look sexy in this bridesmaids dress, and no that is certainly not my only motivation, but it's something. It's something that I can work toward, like a mini goal. No, I won't be at my goal weight, but I want to lose as much as possible for this wedding. I know, I know, you aren't supposed to lose weight for occasions such as this, you are supposed to do it for yourself, but the thing is, I am doing it for myself. Things like this motivate me. Vacation also motivates me, which we are planning on going to Cancun in June of 2011, so once this wedding is over, I still have the trip to motivate me. I don't know why I need these certain events to keep me in line, but it gives me something to shoot for. I am not going to give up once I hit these events, and no I don't have any crazy ideas like I am going to lose X pounds by the wedding and XX pounds by vacation. I know that doesn't work. Honestly, whether I lose 30 pounds or 80 pounds, I will be proud of myself, as long as I am continuing to do the work and the right things. My body is going to go at it's own pace whether I like it or not, so I might as well embrace it. I hope to lose as much as I can, but there is no time limit to this journey, i have my whole life ahead of me, and i will get there. There will be days that I get discouraged of course, but as long as I pick myself up and keep chugging away, I will eventually get my desired results. I can't control the exact numbers on the scale, but I CAN control the steps that I take to get there.
I have my plan of action, keeping an accurate food diary of every morsel of food that goes into my mouth, it keeps me honest, working out, both cardio and weights, drinking my water, getting my fruits and veggies in, and limiting the "junk." The food diary i absolutely love is the "calorie counter" app on my droid. I pink puffy heart love this app! It breaks down how many calories, fat grams, carbs, protein, and all of that. It tells me how many I have left for the day, and it is super fabulous. It also has a handy dandy weight loss tracker, and a place to input my exercise. It also allows me to scan barcodes on foods and pulls up all of the nutritional info that way, and it has a huge database to search for items. I think this tool has been so valuable thus far, because it gives me some accountability.
I must admit, I was a tad bummed today because this week, just like last week I lost 2 pounds. I was hoping for a big number, but I realized everything I mentioned above. My body will shed this weight, in time, on it's own schedule, not mine. As long as I keep plugging away and doing the right things, it will come off. So that's what I will do. I will keep doing the right things, and everything else will fall into place. See you soon!
Fabulously me,
Kt
Tomorrow Will Be Thirteen Years
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment