Monday, August 30, 2010

Push it, ahh, Push it real good!

Love Salt and Peppa!  Well tonight, I was still feeling the burn from my 11 mile bike ride from Saturday, yep STILL feeling it.  Even though i can do 2 hours straight on the elliptical, I think my body has somewhat gotten used to it, so I can REALLY feel the burn with the bike riding.  Every muscle in my body still hurts, even my ankles, yes my ankles.  LOL  It is a good hurt though.  I know I really pushed myself, and I feel great because of it.  

Today, I was able to eat very healthy, and was satisfied, but I totally didn't feel like working out.  I relaxed for a few when I got home from work, but told myself that I absolutely had to workout tonight.  There was no talking myself out of it, even though I didn't feel like doing it. I don't wake up in the morning and say "You know, I really don't feel like brushing my teeth, I'm too tired."  I JUST DO IT.  There isn't even a question, it's just routine.  So why can't I have the same approach to my workouts?  So, I put on my workout gear, and headed downstairs and did 30 minutes of strength training, and then hopped on the elliptical and did another 30 minutes.  I mean 30 minutes isn't great, but it's 30 minutes, so I am proud of myself.  I feel so good right now rocking this post workout high.  I wish I could bottle up this feeling, and feel just a smidge of it when I don't feel like working out. 

As far as the weigh in results, I didn't lose or gain anything last week.  I stayed the same, and you know what that is ok.  I have been so frustrated over numbers, but I know I just have to focus on the journey itself, and all of the steps I'm taking along the way.  Just control what I can control, and eventually the numbers will follow suit and things will fall into place.  I am going to try my hardest to not peak at the scale until weigh in day on Sunday, because I don't want a bad number to bring down my mood.  I am challenging myself to not even take so much as a peak until Sunday morning.  

I hope everyone has had a fantastic day!  You are all so inspiring, and love reading about all of your triumphs!  I can relate to everyone's struggles.  I might not be able to comment that much, while I'm working, but I am reading, and I will comment as much as I can.  Thank you so much for sharing your journey with me. 

Fabulously me, 

KT

5 comments:

  1. Push it real good! lol. Love them too.

    I love your analogy between exercising and brushing your teeth. That totally makes sense! I so do not want to go to the gym tonight because I'm...well...too tired, lol. But I'm gonna push through it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same feeling yesterday after work. The mistake was letting myself go home! I just knew once I got there that I wasn't leaving. I'm not letting that happen today. NOPE! I'm going to the gym no matter what!!!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Tagged you in a post today with some questions for you to answer. Looking forward to seeing your answers!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thing.. haha

    It's Katie here. I changed the name of my blog...just a heads up. It's not freaking awesome body anymore. It's Finding the Thin Within. I did a post about it and a give-a-way so make sure you get in on it! =) Happy Labor Day!

    <3 Katie
    www.katie-fttw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Katie! I have been M.I.A. all weekend, but not for bad reasons. LOL Thanks for the update and tag! I will check out the questions momentarily. I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete