Monday, September 6, 2010

Number games

My cat Belle, playing with the tape measure

I know that I have been away for a few days...errr....maybe a week, but not because I lost focus.  The long weekend has been oh so nice and relaxing, and provided me with a much needed break from work.  So you know how I have been going on and on whining about how the I'm not losing as fast as I want to?  Well, I had my husband take my measurements 2 weeks ago, so I could keep track of it that way too.  He made some fancy spreadsheet, which is the anal engineer in him, and measured away.  

Well Saturday was the check in day to see if I lost anything, and to be honest, I wasn't really expecting much, especially since the scale hadn't been moving that much.  I couldn't believe the results.  I thought maybe it was accurate, or that he measured in the wrong place, but he was so exact with his measurements, anal engineer, remember? LOL  It turns out in two weeks I have lost 1 inch on EACH of my upper arms, 2.5 inches on EACH thigh, and nothing around the midsection...boo that's where I need it most.  We are adding measurements to the chart, but for now he only took measurements of my upper arms, thighs, and waist, or lack thereof.  So overall I as pleased, although I do wish I could lost in my stomach.  LOL  So we will see how my next measurement session goes on the 18th.  

In other numbers, I weighed in yesterday, and I lost 3 more pounds!  This hard work is paying off slowly, but surely!  This weekend has overall been wonderful.  We did a nine mile bike ride on Saturday, and an 11 mile bike ride yesterday.  I wanted to do another one today, but we were pretty tired from the whole weekend, that we agreed to take a day off of the trails.  I really love riding, it is so much fun, and a great workout.  I can definitely feel it in my legs. 

I hope everyone had a fabulous long weekend and I wish you all a great week ahead!

Fabulously Me,

KT

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic on the loss, the inches and most importantly the bike ride (fun fitness, gotta love it). My hubby was talking about me doing measurements too. More important overall than scale weight -- I think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! My husband, who is an engineer, also has spreadsheets for *everything*!! Funny!

    And congrats on the losses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats - ours play with the tape measure too. Last time I went to do my measurements it took 20 minutes to find where they had drug it off to. It was under the bed.

    Those are some nice losses in inches & pounds you have toreport there. Well done.

    Nice Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cat is FOREVER stealing my tape measure - I think it's because it has a felted sheep case and she likes to lick it.

    Good progress - how's this past week been?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cat & the tape measure. Sometimes I find my tape measure under the bed where they hoard their toys. Damn cats!

    I need to work on my belly too. I'm going to add 10 minutes of Super Hula Hoop on Wii Fit to my workouts at least 4 times a week and see how I do. I thought about doing it daily, but I'm so sore after trying it yesterday, that I think I had better space it out!

    One of these days, I'm going to go under the bed to get my measuring tape and ask my engineer hubby to start measuring. I have to, because I've gone down only 35 lbs but 4 sizes. It'll help keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, well my cats will be glad to know that they aren't freaks of nature...errrr I guess they aren't off of the hook yet. Who would have thought that a tape measure would be such a popular toy among cats? Maybe we should start marketing tape measures to Petsmart, and we could be rich! LOL

    ReplyDelete