Sunday, September 19, 2010

Just call me Chamillionaire...

because yesterday I was "riding dirty"  LOL  Actually there isn't much, LOL, about it.  So yesterday my husband, bff, and I hit the trails for a bike ride on a nice cool fall like Saturday afternoon.  When I say hit the trails, I mean that literally...at least for me.  It had been raining a few hours before, so things were a bit damp, but the rain was supposed to hold out for a few hours.  We did 5.5 miles, and then started on our second  loop of the track,  and all of a sudden my bff stopped in front of me, there was a bridge up ahead that apparently bikes weren't supposed to cross, so she stopped, and I slammed on my brakes and lost control.  My bike slid across the wet trail, and i went flying.  I hit the ground shoulder first, then my knees, and my leg was pushed against and landed on the handlebars.  I landed in a bunch of much, lol the riding dirty part.  LOL  The most embarrassing part was that the trails were pretty empty, but when I fell of course i did in front of a few spectators.  Just my luck.  I was completely mortified and in lots of pain.  I could have stopped and turned around and went back, but I painfully hopped on my bike, and finished the additional 5.5 miles.  It wasn't pretty, and I only averaged like 9 .5 mph, but I did it.  We did just over 11 miles total. 

I didn't fully realize how much pain I was in until I carefully made my way into the car.  I couldn't really move.  My left leg is bruised and cut from my kneecap all of the way up my thigh, huge bruise and cuts might I add.  My arms are bruised and cut.  My back hurts, legs, arms, ankles and well everything else hurts too.  I feel like I have been hit by a truck.  I will heal though.  I know it was just a freak accident, and I am kind of proud of myself for not giving up.

Fabulously Me,

KT, aka Chamillionaire..."you see my rollin..."

No comments:

Post a Comment