Wednesday, August 12, 2009

No one is perfect... that's why pencils have erasers

Good evening! I can happily say that I made it through the day as challenging as it was. I am here as I promised. My focus tonight is going to be on the subject of perfection, because I sometimes strive so hard for perfection, I fail.

I will admit it, I am a perfectionist. I am the annoying person, who if I scribble a note for someone, and it isn't "cute and neat" I will throw it out and try again. My home AND office have to be in order or it drives me nuts. I think that there is a place for everything and everything should be in it's place. I am always on time, and I always do my homework. This all sounds fantastic, but it's a curse, really it is. I can't relax until things are perfect, and guess what...nothing is. Once I realize that things aren't perfect, I just give up. If I mess up and eat a candy bar, I just give up and say "oh well, I wasn't perfect so the whole day is shot. I might as well go eat a pizza." It's all or nothing for me and I hate that. I need to work on this majorly. I need to change my whole thought process, and just learn to pick up and move on.

Overall, I would say that I had a pretty good day today, certainly not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but good. I didn't workout, so that was a total bummer, but I did keep the diet in check today, so that's fabulous! Here is my food diary for the day

Breakfast:
Rice Krispies
kellog's bar

Lunch:
Pineapple
applesauce
banana
1 serving of pretzels

Snack:
Glass of skim milk

Dinner:
frozen lf pizza serving
salad
1 serving of strawberry jello w/ ff coolwhip

Again, I know it's not necessarily the best diet, but it was easy enough to follow, and good calorie wise. I need to focus on the fact that instead of giving in and going to get fast food for lunch, I just ate what I had. I didn't have a "true" lunch at work, but I found the fruit and the pretzels and made that my lunch. Was it the best? No Was it the most filling? No, but it seemed to do the trick. Again I just didn't give myself the option to cave. I think that this is progress, even in the smallest degree. I learned that I might not have the perfect day, but the day was not lost, and I made the best of it. I could have just eaten whatever, because I didn't exercise, but I didn't. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to strive for the best, but I just have to know that even when my best isn't achieved, but I tried, all is not lost. The game isn't over. My rocket could have crashed today, but it didn't. It may not have went as high as it could go, but at least it kept going up, and didn't come crashing down.

Just to keep it interesting, or perhaps, nothing can make this nonsense interesting, but at any rate here are some quotes that I found on perfection that I think are really cool.


Perfection


Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. ~Salvador Dal

Unless I accept my faults I will most certainly doubt my virtues. ~Hugh Prather


When nobody around you seems to measure up, it's time to check your yardstick. ~Bill Lemley

Sometimes... when you hold out for everything, you walk away with nothing. ~From the television show Ally McBeal

Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best. ~Henry van Dyke

When you aim for perfection, you discover it's a moving target. ~Geoffrey F. Fisher

Well, that's about all of the nonsense I have for tonight. Tune in tomorrow for more of this...ummmm...blabber?

Until tomorrow... <--- yeah I'm STILL not giving up on this either :)~






No comments:

Post a Comment