You caught me, I lied, I actually just wanted to post again, just so I could sign off one more time tonight. Yes, it makes me feel that cool. No seriously, I saw this really interesting article today, and I felt like discussing it, and I figured what better place than here?
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=8288934&page=1
The article is about a formally buff trainer who gained 88 pounds purposely. Yes, on purpose, as hard to believe as that is. I couldn't believe it myself, until I was reading through it. I think that it's a very interesting premise, to spend half of the year trying to gain almost 90 pounds, and then spend the other half losing it in order to sympathize, and understand your clients struggles. Props to him for coming up with this brilliant plan, but I don't believe he will ever truly understand how it is to live this way day in and day out and then struggle to lose it all. I will totally read his book when it comes out, because I find it beyond fascinating, but I find it hard to believe that after only spending 6 whole months out of his life fat that he completely understands. Of course, he is going to see that it's not as easy to lose weight, as he may have thought, but he also does have it a bit easier because he has a ton of muscle underneath his fat. Come on he was totally buff, how could he not.
He could never understand what it's like to be an overweight teenager, how it feels not to have people give you the time of day, the rejection you feel for being the fat girl/guy, the self hatred of why you can't get it together, how it feels to never find cute clothes that fit, to never feel hot, or how it feels to feel humiliated when you hear snickers coming from a group of people, and ALWAYS assume it's about you. It's not his fault that he won't experience this, but nonetheless, he can't ever truly know what it's like.
I think what this will show us, is that with hard work it is possible, which is probably the point that he's trying to prove. He wants to be able to tell his clients that while it's not easy, hard work does pay off in the long run, and he is right. I think it's very admirable of him. I'm sure there will be critics, but wow seriously, this is quite the lofty goal, and very inspirational if he pulls it off. I would be proud to have him train me, I mean clearly he is good, and not so bad to look at either. LOL
Until tomorrow... <---- you love it, don't lie to yourself
Tomorrow Will Be Thirteen Years
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment